Having practiced law in South Calgary for over 35 years, Vic continues to practice in our Personal Injury, Family Law, and Estates groups. Vic has conducted numerous trials (including jury trials) and has appeared at all levels of Alberta’s courts. He has also taken an interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Over the past few years, Vic has acted as counsel in numerous Judicial Dispute Resolutions, Mediations, and Arbitrations.
Vic has volunteered his time to numerous community and legal projects. In the past, he was on the Steering Committee of the Calgary Anne Frank Exhibit Committee. After serving 3 years as a member of The Law Society of Alberta Conduct Committee, Vic was appointed as a member of The Law Society of Alberta’s Family Law Advisory Committee. In 2009 Vic was appointed to The Law Society of Alberta Practice Review Committee. Vic is also a member of the Implementation Committee of the Civil Mediation Program, Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, as well as a past member of the Board of Directors at the Calgary Jewish Centre. He was also a volunteer Judge for the University of Calgary Trial Advocacy Program for several years. Vic also assisted in the development of the Equity and Diversity Guide prepared by the Canadian Bar Association’s Standing Committee on equity and diversity. Vic was previously on the Board of Directors for HomeFront and the Learning Disabilities Association – Calgary Chapter.
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2014
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Member, Law Society of Alberta Conduct Committee
- Past Member, Law Society of Alberta Family Law Advisory Committee
- Past Volunteer, University of Calgary Law School
- Past Mentor, Law Society of Alberta Mentor Program
- Past Director, Calgary Jewish Centre
- Past Director, HomeFront
- Past Director, Learning Disabilities Association
- Past Member, Anne Frank Exhibit Committee
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.A., University of Calgary
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 1979