Medina practices in the Family Law group at Vogel Verjee. A zealous advocate, Medina has experience representing clients at the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
Medina is uniquely situated to assist our clients in family law matters. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Medina spent 20 years as a social worker. Her time as a social worker gives her a great understanding of the impact of family law matters on individuals and their families. A fearless advocate for her clients, Medina looks for solutions and a process that fit her client’s needs. Medina is also a trained Mediator/Arbitrator and Registered Collaborative Family Lawyer. Having recently completed the National Family Law Arbitration Course, in addition to her previous training, Medina is well equipped with the unique skills, processes and procedures to handle complex family law disputes through alternative dispute resolution. She has the knowledge and experience to understand which forum is best to meet her client’s needs.
Medina is also a Parenting Coordinator. In her role as a Parenting Coordinator, Medina works with high conflict families assisting them to understand and implement their parenting plans. As a Parenting Coordinator, Medina educates, mediates and with the prior approval of the parents, makes decisions if they cannot come to an agreement.
Alberta Court of Appeal
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Faculty, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Instructor, University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
- LL.B., University of Calgary
- Master of Social Work, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Social Welfare, University of Calgary
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2005