Johnny Pak is an experienced litigator having appeared before all levels of courts in the province of Alberta. He practices in our Litigation group where his focus is on serious and catastrophic injury litigation (motor vehicle accidents), professional malpractice, and insurance and risk management.
Johnny’s significant injury litigation experience includes claims for fatality, brain injury, spinal cord injury, fractures, chronic pain, psychological injury, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, and related impairment and disability. Prior to commencing his plaintiff-side practice, Johnny previously represented insurers in respect of both first and third party insurance claims. His unique background and insight into the insurance industry serves his clients well. Johnny uses his extensive experience acting both for and against insurers to assist plaintiffs successfully advance their claims to resolution or trial.
In addition to his injury and insurance related experience, Johnny articled and previously practiced at a national/international law firm. In this regard, he acted as counsel for a variety of clientele including national and multinational corporations in a wide range of contractual and commercial disputes.
Johnny currently sits on the Executive of the Canadian Bar Association’s Personal Injury Subsection. He has taught and evaluated oral advocacy for the Alberta Bar Admission Program (CPLED) for many years. He has also lectured or presented in numerous areas of the law before various groups.
Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta
Alberta Court of Appeal
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Executive, Canadian Bar Association – Personal Injury Subsection
- Past Instructor, Bar Admission Program
- Past Instructor, University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
- Past Volunteer, Calgary Legal Guidance
- Past Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Past Director, Student Legal Services
- Past Director, Canadian Centre for Male Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- Past International Trade Advisor, Gangwon Province, South Korea
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.Comm with Distinction – International Business Finance – University of Alberta
- Exchange Student, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Advanced Korean Language Program, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2005