Anthea is the head of Vogel Verjee’s Estates practice group, and focuses her practice on estate and trust administration, estate litigation and estate planning. She probates and administers estates, advises executors, administrators, trustees and beneficiaries, provides litigation support, and works with families whose loved ones have lost their capacity.
Building on skills gained by working in-house in the wealth management division of a large trust company, Anthea also brings experience to the planning and drafting of complex Wills, along with Enduring Powers of Attorney and Personal Directives. A double graduate of the University of British Columbia in her hometown of Vancouver, Anthea has degrees in English Literature/Philosophy and Law, and has had several articles published in The Barrister magazine, a publication of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association.
She is a frequent presenter on the topic of estates for financial institutions, investment firms, charities and post-secondary institutions. Anthea enjoys helping her clients work through the sensitive, emotional and challenging legal issues that are inherent in estate law.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Practice Assessor, Law Society of Alberta Practice Management Department
- Past Board Member, Leave a Legacy Calgary
- Past Presenter, Legal Education Society of Alberta
- Past Presenter, Mount Royal University Foundation
- Past Presenter, MCC-Economic Development
- Past Presenter, Leave a Legacy Calgary
- Past Presenter, University of Calgary Medical School
- LL.B., University of British Columbia
- B.A., University of British Columbia
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2003