Amanda practices in our Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group and has appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Human Rights Commission. Amanda has a diverse practice focused on commercial litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes as well as employment law.
Amanda earned her J.D. from the University of Saskatchewan (with distinction) where she was awarded the Cecil G. Schmitt award in Company Law, the Eldon Woolliams Scholarship and the University of Saskatchewan Scholarship for Outstanding Scholastic Performance. She also holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of British Columbia and was recognized with the President’s Entrance Scholarship. While in school, Amanda was the Managing Editor of the Saskatchewan Law Review and a teaching assistant in the first year Legal Research and Writing program. She also enjoyed volunteering with C.L.A.S.S.I.C, the community legal assistance clinic.
Outside of law, Amanda enjoys travelling and spending time in the Rockies.
Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta
Alberta Court of Appeal
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize for highest final standing in Company Law (2016)
- University of Saskatchewan College of Law, Eldon Woolliams Scholarship 2015-2016
- University of Saskatchewan Scholarship for Outstanding Scholastic Performance in 2013-2014
- University of British Columbia President’s Entrance Scholarship
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Managing Editor Saskatchewan Law Review (2015-2016);
- Teaching Assistant, First Year Legal Research and Writing Course, University of Saskatchewan, College of Law (2015-2016);
- Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review (2014-2015)
- Volunteer, CLASSIC (Community Legal Assistance Services for Saskatoon Inner City) Legal Advice Clinic (2015-2016) Walk-In Advocacy Clinic Volunteer (Pro
- Bono Students Canada) (2013-2014)
- J.D., University of Saskatchewan
- B. Sc., University of British Columbia
- Admitted to the Law Society of Alberta, 2017